is rapidly getting known as the 5th Largest social network platform.
Online marketers claim to received over 60% of their online traffic from this social media platform, so this post explains a little more in depth as to why its proving so popular
Founded in 2010
It was founded in March 2010, the brainchild of Ben Silbermann ( pictured right)
and is based in San Fransisco CA
As of the 1st January 2018, it is estimated that there are 175 Million Active users
Of thos 75 Million are actually based in the US, with the remainder being made up from outside the US
Pinterest is called Pinterest, because you literally do Pin websites of Interest to boards you create inside the Platform
Currently their are 1 Billion plus boards, which To date their have seen 50 Billion pins of interest created
That number alone, gives you an idea as to the traffic generating potential of this social network platform
In respect of the boards them selves, around 2 Million save shopping pins on boards daily
Pinterests market value, currently stands at an incredible 11 Billion dollars, as it raised initially $367. Prior to this it was worth 5 Billion dollars
Make interesting reading, by comparison to the more well known and established other social media platforms, because
81% are actually females
40% of new signups to the platform are men, with the other 60% being females.
Men account for only 7% of the total pins on the platform, with milennials using the platform as much as they do instagram
Median age of a Pinterest user is 40, however the majority of active pinners are below 40.
Half of Pinterest users apparently earn $50k per year, with a further 10% of household earning more than $125k Per Year
30% of All US Social Media users are Pinterest users, with 60% of users being from the US
Now, all that said…
Lets look at some fun facts about Pinterest
Did you know, there are over
75 Billion ideas on the platform
87% have purchased a product because of Pinterest
Over 5% of referral traffic to websites comes from Pinterest
80% of people access it through a mobile device
The average time spent on Pinterest is just over 14 Minutes
So as you can see, its a very under rated platform, which can generate some good traffic for your website
Now the content in this post, has been learned through the affiliate bootcamp training at Wealthy Affiliate, which is where you can learn how market online the smart way and become an Elite Marketer at the same time as potentially earning a good income, working from home.
To get your free account with Wealthy Affiliate, simply click on the banner at the top right of this blog
I'm Dave Hayes, and am based on the South Coast of the UK, in West Sussex Since 2000, I have been associated with online affiliate marketing, it is for me the most stable and secure way of earning an income in this modern world In 2009 I made the decision to go full time in this niche sector by sharing How To Info Products, with other Home Business Owners, that solve their business problems I use the Wealthy Affiliate platform for hosting, because they have excellent WordPress, Affiliate Marketing & Social Media training, which is second to none To find out how you can become a Wealthy Affiliate, with your own home based blog business, just like this and be shown how to earn a serious income online, working smarter not harder, simply contact me via any of the social media channels shown below
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.